Saturday, March 27, 2010

Our shipment arrived!!!

Hello All,

I am happy to report that we received our sea shipment on Thursday and have been unpacking and setting up ever since. It has been a lot of fun making our new place feel like home. There is something very comforting about having all of your belongings with you....especially your bed. That brings me to a question that I would like to put out there. Does anyone know a good substitute for a box spring? Our master bedroom is on the third floor and the movers where unable to get our queen size box spring all the way up to the top floor. They suggested that we just get a piece of plywood to lay over the slats under our mattress. If anyone has any other ideas I would greatly appreciate the help. I want to make sure that we do not ruin our mattress.

Everything else went off without a hitch. Not a single item was damaged and we believe that everything arrived that was packed back in the States. Several of you have asked for us to post pictures of our new place. I promise that as soon as we are unpacked I will start snapping away and post early next week. Thanks for sharing in our excitement!

Today we are waiting for some friends to come over to help us hang a few lights and pictures. I just finished baking a batch of "American" brownies to enjoy together before we get started.

We can't wait to have family and friends visit so that we can share this great flat and city with you all.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad all your belongings made it there safely! I love you two!

    ReplyDelete