Monday, January 24, 2011

Mixed Emotions

My time in the States is finally winding down and I am not sure how I feel about it. To say that I have had a wonderful time is an understatement. I have loved experiencing great customer service, catching up with friends, meeting babies of dear friends and game nights with my family.....not to mention about 9 trips to Target. The only thing that would have made it better would be if my husband could have spent all of this time in the States with me. Now I am approaching my last week in the States before heading back. Luckily, this week is packed with exciting events. I get to see Phil tomorrow as we travel to Florida, visit more friends and watch my little brother get married this weekend.

This time has been wonderful and I am really going to miss everyone when we get back to life in Germany. However, I am also excited about what this year has in store for us. Since there is a good chance that this will be our last year abroad, it is time to get traveling. At this point we have a trip to Italy, a run in London, a weekend in Salzburg and a ski trip planned. We are also very excited that we will have several visitors this year. Come one, come all!

Now I have to figure out how to get all of our dry goods (about 30 extra lbs.)over to Germany without paying the extra fee for heavy baggage. I will let you know if we make it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    I found your details on your blog, I hope you might be able to help me with my strange request!

    I am a Producer working on a television show called House Hunters International which follows English speaking expats in their quest to purchase a house abroad. I am hoping to find English speaking expats to profile who are living in Germany. I wonder if you or any of your expat contacts might be interested in getting involved?! I would love to find out more about your story! Please find a little blurb about the show below:

    House Hunters International is a half-hour program currently airing on the Home and Garden Television Network (HGTV) in America.
    The series is designed to de-mystify the international home-buying process by going behind the scenes of a house hunt where buyers and their real estate agents tour 3 homes.

    At its core, House Hunters International is a travel show concentrating on the idiosyncrasies of the locales and what makes them special and different.

    Please get in touch if you have any more questions about the show. I look forward to hearing from you!

    Best wishes and many thanks,

    Michelle


    Michelle James
    ASSOCIATE PRODUCER LEOPARD FILMS
    1-3 St Peter's Street, London N1 8JD - +44 20 7704 3300
    michelle.james@leopardfilms.com
    www.leopardfilms.com

    ReplyDelete