Monday, February 21, 2011

It Has Already Been A Year

Over the weekend we relaxed, celebrated and supported some friends.

On Friday we woke up to a very chilly day. I was frustrated when I went outside to find that my bike lock was completely frozen. I guickly realized that I would be walking to the gym that day. It was on that walk that I was reminded of something that I am working on. I have realized that it is such a waste to not realize how much you are enjoying something until it is all over. This is true in relationships, children that grow up way to fast and for me, right now, during our time here. This is not to say that I am not enjoying our time here. I love it here! I also love celebrating life. I will look for a reason to celebrate anything, a birthday, an accomplishment, a Tuesday......anything. It just hit me while I was walking to the gym and thinking about what we had to accomplish over the next week. I can catch myself focusing on the frustrations of life instead of soaking up every minute of this incredible experience. Our travel schedule alone is enough to feel completely blessed and want for nothing. I am so grateful and do not want to be back in the U.S. and realize that I majored on the minor frustrations of life. So this is what the Lord is teaching me right now. Now on to celebrating every moment.

This evening we went the theater to watch a friend in, An Ideal Husband. He did a great job and we had a lot of fun and ended up bumping into more friends once we arrived. The best part of the night was getting on our bicyces and riding back home in the falling snow. It was absolutely beautiful. Although I am ready for the weather to warm up, especially when I see facebook updates of the warming weather in the Carolinas, it still warms my heart to ride in the snow.

The rest of the weekend was nice and relaxing. On Saturday we decided to celebrate our first year in Germany. I can't believe that it has been a year. We went to one of our favorite restaurants in Erlangen, Sax, and had a long, leisurely brunch. That night we babysat for some friends. Well, the child was already asleep so it was more like a little vacation in our friends living room with movies and thai food. Not a bad Saturday night. Sunday was filled with church, meal preparation for the upcoming week, searching for B and B deals for upcoming trips and more relaxing.....we have it pretty bad. ;)

Now it is off to the gym to continue training for our 10k in London and preparing for our ski trip on Friday.

Grateful for each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment