Monday, October 24, 2011

You are never to old to play with Legos

If Legos are of no interest to you, you may want to skip this post.

This weekend we did something that I have wanted to do since we first landed at the Munich airport. I have mentioned in previous posts that I love legos. Growing up with a brother close in age, legos were always around. Two years ago when we landed in Munich I saw a large advertisement for Legoland Deutschland. I was pretty excited to find out that it was less than two hours away. I was even more excited to find out that I could convince a few other grownups to go with me. With the help of Groupon we were able to get a great deal on tickets and planned a trip for last Saturday.

As you can tell in the pictures it was a very chilly day and required us to dress in several layers. Nothing like riding roller coasters in 40 degree weather.

Three of us posing as lego people (notice the hands).


Our first coaster of the day


and then another....


We learned about how legos are made at the Lego Fabrik.


We all shared an order of lego shaped fries.


One of the main exhibits is several European cities made entirely out of legos. This was really impressive and accurate.

Venice, Italy


Berlin, Germany


They even had a pretty impressive aquarium, filled with lego people of course.


What impressed me most about Legoland was the detail and little lego figures everywhere.




Hi!




Lego pigeons around every corner.


Although Legoland is obvious geared towards children, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves learning about legos. It was fun to act like a kid again for the afternoon.

We also heard that they are opening a Legoland in Orlando soon. We will definitely be back with kids in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I would have loved to go! The photos are great too.

    ReplyDelete